Thursday, February 26, 2015

Incomplete Without Love (1 Corinthians 13)

Without love, I am nothing but a noisemaker. I am nothing. I gain nothing.

Even if I am gifted with the ability to communicate clearly with heaven and earth,
Even if I have intellectual abilities that allow me to understand how all things work,
Even if I accomplish great things,
Even if I am self-sacrificing to the point of giving away every penny I own, even giving up my own life,
Without love it means nothing, accomplishes nothing, and is in fact – NOTHING!

Love is more about how I live my life than about what I do with it.
I do not concern myself with what I want or don’t want.
When others do not act according to my time-table, I am patient.
When others seem to encroach upon my “space,” I am kind.
When others have what I want, I am not envious of what they have nor do I brag about the possessions or abilities I have.
Because, IT’S NOT ABOUT ME!
I am not the center of the universe.
                        I am not rude, seeking to advance my own agenda.
I am not easily angered, for I am at least as concerned for others as I am myself.
                        I keep no record of wrongs, because life is not about me.
            I refuse to give way to anything that destroys or tears down others.
                        I protect.
                        I trust.
                        I hope.
                        I refuse to give up on believing for the best in others!

Love is the mature way to live, for love will never fail.
            Knowledge will fall short.
            Communication will cease.
Achievement will not be enough.

Love will remove all the barriers.
We will come face-to-face with completeness.
What is incomplete will be made complete.
We will know fully and be fully known.


Love is everything. It is what gives direction to faith and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment